Friday, January 30, 2009

Half-naked men just don't entice me enough ...

I've been checking out online dating recently and I've made an interesting observation.

Why do so many men expect me to travel to them? What ever happened to men doing the chasing?

I'm not keen on long-distance, been there, done that ... These relationships all too often end up in frustration and broken hearts unless some master plan is concocted that successfully places the two lovebirds in the same general vicinity.

I'm not cynical, I'm just realistic. And sorry, phone sex just doesn't cut it for me.

An English chap started writing to me not too long ago and when I told him that I wasn't interested in anything long-distance, he replied:

"canada is not far... you just go to a concrete building, get in a silver tube, sit there for six and a half hrs and lo and behold you're in mooseland... you can always come this way... "

Yup, there you have it ... nary a phone call and he's suggesting I blow a huge wad on money to visit his torso (the only pic he would send me).

What do you think, folks ... is it worth the time, effort and money to visit this half-naked man?

Hmmm ... decisions, decisions ...

Nah.

So onto the next profile. This fine fella works out at the gym ...

And obviously wants all the girls to know this ...
Note to men:

If you are planning on doing the internet dating route, please DO NOT post half-naked photos of yourself. Though you may prefer to see us women posing half-naked in lingerie in our profile pics, we actually prefer a well-dressed man oozing with confidence in his. Save that hot bod of yours for strutting your feathers at the gym as you compete for the position of Highest Testosterone Level.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to send you this: http://tinyurl.com/aqxwt3 Hope you enjoy it!! ;)

Silly Sally said...

You are too hilarious, LRR! But actually, a tri shot is A-ok, one of the few exceptions ;-)

Beth said...

I meet your feelings on this, and raise you three gags in disgust.

Still, in the gamble that is online dating, I must say I'm thankful these guys make it easier to "...know when to walk away, know when to run."


"If you lose your way, I will help you find it."