Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Everything in life is transitory

Sometimes it's alright to let yourself feel sad ... spend time with friends ... distract yourself with funny films ... and then still feel sad when you go home.

Everything in life is transitory and no matter how hard the day has been, take a deep breath and know that tomorrow will be just a bit better. Then before you know it, you'll be filled with joy again and the sharp barbs of pain that hurt so deeply will have dulled themselves to faint pin pricks.

A kind gentle soul wrote this to me to help lift my heart with regards to my good friend, Michael Rudder:

"And the tears that flow from your eyes, dear Bonnie, give birth to Arya Tara in your heart, please -- she emanated from a tear
That the Lord of Compassion,
Noble Avalokiteshvara, wept when He saw suffering beings in this world -- now you are
That tear drop too -- she protects beings from fear, Noble Arya Tara, and tramples down with one foot all evil in this world."


And with those words, I felt her embrace reverberate through my soul as I cried and then for a little while afterwards, felt reprieve from my grief-stricken state and refilled with strength and hope. Thank you, sweet Gaby for your love ...

No comments:


"If you lose your way, I will help you find it."