Saturday, May 31, 2008

Do you shave?

I had an interesting conversation with a guy friend who recently started dating a very sweet girl. All is fine and dandy with this new love of his, except for one thing.

"She's all bushy and I don't know how to ask her to shave it."

Frankly, I hadn't a clue how to respond since I don't know her or their relationship too well. I only know how I like to keep mine ... which I won't tell you ... but ahem ... how does one approach the subject of pubic hair politely?

Should one pretend to cough up a hairball while giving oral sex? Or just fake the simple one annoying hair in the back of the throat that just won't unstick? On second thought, this is too often the case, so no faking would be required. What would be a clear enough indication that "something must be done"?

My friend's dilemma got me thinking ... I wonder what percentage of the female population shave/trim their pussy hair? I tried to take a glance-about at the women's showers at the local YMCA the other day ... It doesn't seem like it's the vast majority, but of course, this was only a very quick summary of a few girls ... ahem, I didn't want to come across as a perv ...

Men, what do you like? How much does this matter to you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things by way of explanation. First - HI, found you while trolling through yousillygirl.blogspot.com.

Second thing - I'm not a guy.

But my two cents worth to your guy friend? Make it a sexy thing. He can ask if he can shave her. It's a sign of trust and can actually be quite sensual.

Or so I've heard. Ahem.

Silly Sally said...

Welcome to my blog ... I don't know how keen I'd be letting a guy get that close to my pleasure bump with a sharp blade ... on the other hand, I've done it for a boyfriend before.

Can't say it felt sensual at all ... and I'm pretty sure it didn't do anything for him. So was it laziness on his part mixed with lots of trust? Who knows ... I'm was just happy to finally get that hair out of the back of my throat ... ahem ...

Beth said...

I think the word "shave" might strike fear in many a woman's...uh...groin? Anyway, I think approaching the subject using the word "trim" might yield better results for your friend.

Depending on how long they've been dating, he could just bring it up by asking her opinion on his...uh...upkeep.

Then again, what do I know? I haven't had sex in like...uh...a relatively long time.

Anonymous said...

Two words: shaving cream. Do not underestimate the sensation of being lathered.

Or, so I hear.

Ahem.

Silly Sally said...

Oh that's even better ... hide my pleasure centre from that sharp unforgiving razor ... Can I just ask the guy to lather my back?


"If you lose your way, I will help you find it."